Table of Contents
If you want to know how to get rid of your man boobs we are gonna help you out. Manboobs also called by their medical name gynecomastia.
Reducing and Losing man boobs size contains 3 parts:
- Losing Fat – Absolutely Must! If your man boobs are only fat at the bottom of your boobs, then we need to get rid of it by burning fat on our entire body because we don’t get to decide where our body is gonna take fat from.
- Working Out your Upper Chest – Very Recommended. While we are losing fat we are going to build our upper chest at the same time and even out both sides. A full upper chest is going to give a balanced chest and will look more natural other than boobs. We are also will get some exercises to widen our lower chest so it wouldn’t look like breasts.
- Hormonal Treatment – The Last Solution. Only if losing fat and the upper chest workout didn’t get significant results. Then your man boobs are because of your body’s hormonal imbalance and you need a hormonal treatment.
If you think getting rid of your man boobs is going to be fast then you are wrong. There is no pill that you can take and get up in the morning with a nice even chest.
Also for some people if the case is not severe they can see very good results in a few weeks. Remember sometimes you lost fat and your body is adjusting to it so the results will come later to your eyes and scales.
Read this post first: Lose fat without losing muscle.
Chest Exercises for losing man boobs
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press / Incline Barbell Bench Press
- Hammer Grip Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
- Reverse Grip Bench Press
- Barbell Neck Press (Aka Guillotine Press)
- Cable Crossover – Low To High
- Incline Dumbbell Fly
- Decline Dumbbell Fly
For more information on how to do this exercises visit our complete upper chest workout guide.
Beginners (Less then 6 months training): 12 repetitions for each exercise.
Intermediate (6-12 months training): 10 repetitions for each exercise.
Advanced (More then 12 months training): 8 repetitions for each exercise.
That’s the basic chest exercises that you need to even out your imbalanced chest. For more upper chest exercises see our upper chest workout guide.
If you trained your chest before and your chest is muscular and uneven Don’t Do These Exercises:
- Decline Dumbbell/ Barbell Bench Press.
- Flat Dumbbell/ Barbell Bench Press.
This chest exercises works on your lower part of your chest and will make the gap between your lower chest and upper chest bigger. So avoid them! For more information about how each chest exercise targets your chest check out our chest exercises blueprint.
Hormonal Imbalance and Treatment
If you started our man boobs workout and implemented the losing tips and you still don’t see any changes then the problem is probably hormonal.
High Estrogen Levels
You should get your estrogen levels tested by a doctor before just to be sure.
What happens is that you have high levels of estrogen which is found in high levels at females, Male on the other hand should have testosterone in high levels.
So you will need to fix that ratio either.
First you will need to reduce your estrogen levels, how?
Estrogen is found in high levels in your daily food without you noticing it.
Foods like Soy, Soy milk, Soybeans, flax, Flaxseed, Beans, Peas, Dried fruits, Sesame Seeds, Tempeh, and Tofu.
You need to stop eating this types of food completely!
If you are not eating all this estrogen packed food list or you stopped eating them and you are still stuck with your man boobs maybe your testosterone levels are too low. You should have your testosterone tested by a doctor also.
Also check this testosterone deficiency as you grow older:
The easy way to increase your testosterone levels is by taking testosterone boosters. This pills aren’t magic but they meant for fixing imbalanced testosterone hormone levels for men.
After you do all that you should lose your man boobs and have a nice even chest.
We will be happy to hear from you at the comments and if you liked this article please share it 🙂